Have you ever considered seeking treatment for your uneven smile? Correcting crooked, crowded, and overlapping teeth is a great to improve smile beauty, and also improve overall oral health. In today’s blog, your Fort Worth, TX, orthodontist is covering five fun facts about the Invisalign® treatment system!
- Each Set Fits Comfortably: People with aligners don’t report the gum and cheek irritation often encountered with metal braces. Each set is custom-made based on the digital images we gather with the iTero® digital scanning system. We combine them to create a 3D model, so we can design and craft them in a lab setting. Each one in the series will be custom-fitted to your smile!
- They’re Nearly Invisible: Each set will be made from a clear and BPA-free plastic material. As a result, they will be barely noticeable when worn. For this reason, these are popular for our teen and adult patients, who often wat an even smile but worry about the impact of traditional metal braces on their appearance.
- You can Remove Them: Metal braces cannot be removed, so you must worry about food becoming trapped in them, and brushing and flossing your teeth becomes a bit of a challenge. However, with Invisalign® the aligners are removed before each meal, so you don’t have to alter your diet or avoid your favorite foods. You also have a simple time brushing and flossing, as you remove your aligners beforehand. With removable orthodontics, your day-to-day treatment experience is much more convenient.
- Treatment Times are Shorter: With braces, treatment could take between two and two-and-a-half years. However, with Invisalign® most adults obtain optimal results in as little as one year, while teens could see straighter smiles in about 18 months. The shortened treatment time also means fewer visits to the office, saving you time and money.
- They Work for Teens Too: We mentioned this briefly, but this system isn’t just for adults. We can help teens start their journey to a straighter smile too! This is especially true if your child started the orthodontic process in childhood, with retainers and teeth spacers to guide the smile’s growth and reduce the severity of misalignment.
If you have any questions about clear aligners, or if you would like to schedule an appointment for a consultation, then please contact our team today. We’re ready to help you obtain a straighter smile!
Ready to Try Our Clear Aligners?
We want to make sure you enjoy a straighter set of teeth and better oral health. To learn more about the process of correcting your uneven smile, then please call Lake Country Orthodontics in Fort Worth, TX at (817) 236-7846. Our office proudly serves patients who live in Azle, Saginaw, and all surrounding communities.