We often see teens and adults wearing orthodontics to improve their smiles, but do children need orthodontics? We may recommend braces or other treatment options to help children obtain an even, healthier smile. In fact, a straighter smile can improve the beauty and health of the smile, reducing the risk of TMJ disorder, tooth decay, and gum disease.
Cabal, TX Children’s Orthodontics Quiz
- True or False: Your child should see an orthodontist at an early age.
- True or False: We provide a game room to help kids enjoy themselves.
- True or False: Braces can help ensure the jaw develops properly.
- True or False: Teens may qualify for Invisalign.
- True. How early should a child see an orthodontist? Many people are surprised to learn that kids should have an orthodontic exam as early as age seven. This is because treatment often occurs in two phases, the initial phase happening in early childhood. Doing so can help reduce the amount of time older children and teens will need to wear braces in phase II.
- True. We want children you feel relaxed and enjoy their time here. In addition to an inviting atmosphere, we also offer an X-Box and several games to help children enjoy their visit.
- True. Without braces, malocclusion can cause the onset of TMJ disorder, bruxism, and other serious oral health issues. Correcting the issue with braces or other treatments can help prevent uncomfortable problems.
- True. A clear alternative to braces, Invisalign can help improve the alignment of the smile. We recommend this options for teens over the age of 15 with minor misalignment. If you have any questions then contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR FORT WORTH ORTHODONTIST:
Dr. Ciro Cabal is a dedicated family orthodontist, whose lifelong passion for providing exceptional dental care continues to this day as he serves patients of all ages from Ft. Worth, Azle, Saginaw, Springtown, Weatherford, Haslet, and the surrounding communities. To schedule an appointment or to discuss your orthodontic options contact your Ft. Worth orthodontist office, or call Lake Country Orthodontics today at (817) 236-7846.