When you have misalignment your smile is at risk of developing a number of serious oral health concerns. Fortunately, orthodontic treatment can correct your crooked or crowded teeth so you can enjoy a straighter smile. We have a number of options, from metal braces to Invisalign. What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment?
5 Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment in Fort Worth, TX
- A reduced risk of tooth decay: When you have crooked or crowded teeth, food can become caught between your teeth. Bacteria break down the food particles, increasing oral acidity and coating the teeth in plaque buildup. Doing so causes the enamel to erode, leading to cavity formation.
- Less likely to develop TMJ disorder: Misalignment often places serious strain on the jaw joints. As TMJ disorder (also known as TMD) develops, opening and closing the mouth can become difficult. Patients may also notice popping or clicking in the jaw, as well as headaches and facial pain.
- A decrease in gum disease risk: In addition to causing tooth decay, plaque buildup can actually inflame the gums. This can lead to gum disease if not treated, with symptoms that include sore, red, or bleeding gums, as well we receding gums or loose teeth. By correcting alignment you can limit the plaque buildup that causes gum inflammation.
- A more visually appealing smile: Correcting misalignment can improve the appearance of your smile.
- Less likely to grind your teeth: The strain on your jaws from malocclusion may cause you to grinds your teeth or clench your jaws. Also known as bruxism, this can damage your teeth in the long term. By improving the alignment of your smile you can reduce the risk of bruxism.
ABOUT YOUR FORT WORTH ORTHODONTIST:
Dr. Ciro Cabal is a dedicated family orthodontist, whose lifelong passion for providing exceptional dental care continues to this day as he serves patients of all ages from Ft. Worth, Azle, Saginaw, Springtown, Weatherford, Haslet, and the surrounding communities. To schedule an appointment or to discuss your orthodontic options contact your Ft. Worth orthodontist office, or call Lake Country Orthodontics today at (817) 236-7846.