How do you feel about your smile? Many people go to great lengths to hide their smile, covering their mouth when they laugh or even ducking out of pictures. Misalignment can cause a person to feel self-conscious about the appearance of their teeth. Crooked and crowded teeth also increase the risk of serious dental health problems. Fortunately, braces offer quality smile correction, improving the health and appearance of your smile.
Fort Worth Braces Quiz
1. True or False: Misalignment can cause serious dental health issues.
2. True or False: Children should first see an orthodontist around age seven.
3. True or False: Your Fort Worth orthodontist offers Invisalign clear braces.
4. True or False: Your Fort Worth orthodontist also provides tooth-colored brackets.
1. True. Uneven smiles offer a number of nooks and crannies for both bacteria and food particles to hide. As a result, the likelihood of developing tooth decay or gum disease increases. Misalignment also places pressure on the jaw joints, increasing the chances of patients suffering from TMJ disorder and bruxism (teeth grinding).
2. True. The American Association of Orthodontists advises parents to bring their children in for an orthodontic appointment around age seven. If your Fort Worth orthodontist uncovers any signs of developing misalignment, treatment can begin early.
3. True. As an alternative to braces, some teen and adult patients may benefit from Invisalign. Instead of metal brackets and wires, Invisalign employs a series of clear plastic aligners to reposition teeth to optimal placement, correcting misalignment.
4. True. To help children obtain less noticeable orthodontic treatment, our braces often use tooth-colored brackets. We don’t want self-consciousness to come between your child and a healthy, beautiful smile. For more information on our braces for children, teens, and adults, contact Dr. Ciro Cabal today.
About Dr. Cabal
Dr. Ciro Cabal is a dedicated family orthodontist whose lifelong passion for providing exceptional dental care continues to this day as he serves patients of all ages from Ft. Worth, Azle, Saginaw, Springtown, Weatherford, Haslet, and the surrounding communities. To schedule an appointment to discuss invisible braces at our Ft. Worth orthodontics office, call Lake Country Orthodontics today at (817) 236-7846.